Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My home office is finally done!

Well,  it took some doing, between recovery from surgery, to having to pay for said surgery, the office is 95% done and I am soooo excited to show you the results! I only wish I was able to paint it! If I did I would choose SW Oyster Bay, it's a beautiful blue gray.
It looks warm and inviting at night, too!

Recycle, Reuse, Re-invent

I had to use all the creative juice I had to finish it because, my budget was only $250! So, I went on a hunt through the house and dug up some stuff I could re-invent.  

Lets start with storage. I had to get the stuff off the floor, I needed shelves! I found my child's  old toy cubbies in the attic and painted one in  SW Decor White. I added casters to lift it off the floor to make it easier to move. I have another one that I am going to paint and then put a table top on them for my project desk... but that's another blog!
I added baskets to contain all my samples and make it more stylish. 

These drapes were a great find at Pottery Barn on sale for $43.99 a panel. I took them to a seamstress and had them add a coordinating fabric to the bottom to make them fit the height of the window. This is a great design trick to customize your store bought drapes.



I love up-cycling things that would normally just be thrown away
 I "up-cycled" used cans for storing all my extra paint chips and seperated them by color family.

 

Bulletin Boards

I love to display things that inspire me, so I used these boards I found in my sons closet to display inspiring photos and projects.



 I made a custom board out of a gorgeous frame I picked up at a yard sale for $5. It is solid carved wood with an old patina... I grabbed it and ran! I added a light aqua to the frame and then quickly wiped off the excess to keep the old antique look. I covered the board with Ballard Designs Arden Blue outdoor fabric. BTW, Ballard sells these type boards for $89!

 

The Accessories

Finding the decor for the office took some doing with such a limited budget, but I was able to score some pretty great accessories at a great deal!



I found these wall plaques at Target and they were peeerfect! 

 I bought the lamp at Target and I loved it so much I bought two! The picture is from HomeGoods and ties all the colors in perfectly! I added a bench and this PB burlap butterfly pillow to anchor the picture.


 The rug was another great HomeGoods find! The pop of pattern adds personality.

So that's it. I hope you got some ideas of your own! Remember, even if you don't think you have the budget to makeover a room,  just look around your house to see what you could reinvent! Don't forget to search those stores for great deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment