Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Color me happy!



I love it, love it, love it! Yes, I am talking about color. Over the past few years design has become more and more saturated with brilliant hues! Is this a sign of good things to come or are we making our homes reflect the future we want? I can't open the pages of a magazine without being overcome with bright beautiful pinks, yellows, greens, oranges, and blues. Yes, it may seem a bit much, but think about how happy the yellow hue makes you when you see it. It's no longer mustard or gold, it's lemon yellow! Greens are not olives shaded with gray, they are grassy, chartreuse greens! We are using pinks and purples, and who can ignore the blue craze? Blues are everything from turquoise to royal blue! So how do you take this color obsession and interpret it into a livable space? Just pair it with neutrals, like linens, grays, and creams. If you want to be able to change your color mood, keep your walls and sofa neutral and put your pops of color around the room in lamps, accessories, and pillows. I don't know whether this is a design phase or not, but I love it! Color me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment