Saturday, June 25, 2011

Vacation Time!

Yes, we are headed to Disney! I love the fact that now I can say we are headed to Orlando for vacation. Our family used to live there and I used to think my kids would never experience the joy of getting on a plane and heading to Disney. It would lose it's novelty and they would never know that excitement. Well now that we don't live there, I was finally able to see the joy on their faces when we broke the news! Now, today, as we make our way through the airport, I am all choked up thinking about the level of adrenalin pumping through their little veins at the eminent arrival in Orlando! So how does this relate to "Creating Home"? Well to me it is these moments and memories, that we create as a family, that makes a home. Aside from the obvious aesthetic in a home, it is a collage of those moments that create a feeling in the home. I think about our arrival back at the house, as we drag in tired from our trip, and know that within all the fatigue we carry the memories. It is those memories that will make their way to our photo wall. They will be topic of many reminiscent conversations we will have sitting around our table. Now that's creating home!

On a side note, and those who know me won't be surprised, I will take note of any design inspiration while I am on vacation. Yes, I am a little obsessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment