Monday, July 23, 2012

Home Inspiration - Fall!

 What's trending for FALL!!!

I know, I know. It's 100 degrees outside and I'm talking about fall already. Well, maybe it's because it's my favorite time of year, and believe me, it can't get here soon enough! Not to mention, the runways and home stores are already fronting their fall designs. So I thought I would give you a little looksy on whats "cool" for fall - See it's helping me think of cool weather already! 

Here a sneak peak at some of the fall trends at your favorite places!


West Elm is crushing on graphite and blue!


Looks like chevron is hanging on as the graphic da jour!

Love the mood this deep gray/blue creates in this bedroom!
We are seeing beautiful global inspired textiles and natural textures.



Pottery Barn is all about wine country inspiration with an artisan's touch! 
They are calling it "Rustic Luxe".

I think just by adding a few rustic pieces to your room you can achieve a warmer more lived-in look, without going over board. Think of things like changing lamp shades to burlap, a rustic wood tray on the coffee table, or worn pieces of pottery.

I soooo want this green glass lamp! 

What can I say I love it all!!!!!!!!

Better Homes and Gardens has a few DIY fall decorating tips using acorns. I love the mix of red and aqua blue as a fresh idea for fall colors!

You could easily duplicate this art piece with simply taking a picture of a beautiful leaf on a background of your choice and enlarge the photo, then frame it in a poster size frame. Hang and enjoy your creation.

I love the simplicity of this easy peasy center piece, it's just branches and painted acorns hanging from jute string.....why haven't I thought of that?! You could also just paint the acorns different fall colors and fill glass hurricanes with them and candles....okay I can claim that one!

Glue acorns to a napkin ring or a wooden ring and you have instant fall decor!

I just love fall!  So even though we are melting in the heat right now, it's good to know it won't be long before the cool weather rolls in and - yes - our homes will be ready! 

No comments:

Post a Comment