Saturday, July 28, 2012

Recycle, Reuse, Reinvent Your Style!

Recycle, up-cycling, re-purposing, whatever you call it, going green is all the rage in interior design! As I was out this week shopping for a client, who wants to keep her design fresh and eco-friendly, I spotted some beautiful decor that is made of all that stuff we throw away! 

First recycled glass:
Ever wonder if all that effort we put into the recycling is actually worth it? Well, here's the proof! Recycle glass containers in every shape and size! They all glisten with that subtle aqua hue.....loooove!

Recycled newspapers made into baskets!

I found this stuff at HomeGoods and was blown away by the amazing prices! How cool is this guy?!


Now a few ideas of how to use your recycled goods around the house. Here's how I used some of my awesome finds! Here's how to create that fresh organic style in your home! 

I call my style "Organic Elegance"!

I used this jar as a candle holder between two smaller bottles. I filled the smaller bottles with fresh greenery from my front yard. Totally gives it that fresh green feeling!

Make an "green" first impression!
I used a recycled jug in my entry way, only $9.99 by the way at HG! I filled it with simple branches to add an element of nature to the table. I love using re-purposed items, like this wine box, to display some of my favorite wine labels. Again, a glass vase filled with clippings from my Tea Olive bushes and monkey grass add to the organic feeling. The silver tray and glass ball lamp add the elegance. The perfect mix of both!

 Try grouping them all together as a beautiful collection!
Tray was also a HomeGoods find for $12.99! HG rocks!
Create an impact by grouping them all together on a woven tray to make an easy to remove center piece on your dining table.

So get out there and search for those cool pieces that would have been destined for a landfill! And create your own green design!

No comments:

Post a Comment