Saturday, February 4, 2012

Quick and Easy Super Bowl Recipes!

It's a Super Bowl Fiesta!
This years I decided to stick to simple and quick recipes, so I wasn't cooking and prepping all day for the "Big Day"! So I am going Mexican. I like it because at least your mixing in some healthy and fresh ingredients.

First up: Appetizers!

Guacamole! My Fave is Cilantro Lime!
2 Ripe avocados
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 bunch fresh Cilantro finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredient together and serve with chips!

My Semi-homemade Salsa (and super easy!)
2 cans of Cilantro Lime Rotel
1 or 2 gloves of garlic
1/2 tsp of cumin
I add a little squeeze of the fresh lime, too 
Salt and pepper

Blend all ingredients together in your food processor. Enjoy the fresh taste! I serve with Lime Chips.

Cream Cheese Taco dip:
1 8 oz package of cream cheese (softened) You can also use whipped version for easier mixing.
1 cup of sour cream (light works too)
1 pkge of Taco seasoning (I like using the Cheesy version - you can never have too much cheese!)
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve with corn chips or your favorite tortilla chips.
*You can make this a layer dip if you want to add a can of refried beans to the bottom and layer on some shredded iceberg, tomatoes, and jalapenos or black olives.


Next is Main Course "Touch Down Chili" from McCormick


1 comment:

  1. Tried the semi-homemade salsa -- OMG how good was that. You right, it was so simlpe and so delicious.. Love that you add recipes.

    ReplyDelete