Friday, February 10, 2012

Take your great photos from the computer and turn them into art for your home!

I may be down, but not out!

It's amazing the ideas you can come up with when you are laid up in bed recovering from surgery. I have been going crazy in my bed for 3 days straight! Of course, as obsessive as I am about design, all I could do was think about ways I could take my bedroom to the next level!
It's a good start, but lacks that "Wow" factor
The look I'm going for is natural elegance. To minimize spending, I had to think of ways I could use things I already have. Like most people I have beautiful photographs just sitting in my computer. I thought why not use them as art. So by using some of the pictures my husband took in Denmark and London around the room, I can create the look of natural elegance with spending much money. Here's how I plan to do it.

This is the one I will be blowing up and putting over the bed. The art over the bed now is too small and lacks impact! I will have this printed on a wrapped canvas in a larger scale. Try www.canvasondemand.com, it's not that expensive and it lasts forever!
I did the picture in a sepia tone to match the neutral tones of the room.

This picture is an example of some of the gorgeous architectural photos from London that I will use in a grouping of 6 over the dresser. Right now I have nothing there, so anything will be an improvement! Using the pictures in a larger grouping with the same frames and mats will give it more impact.

Make sure you do them in 8 x10 at least, to give the content more importance.

I have a gray tufted chair sitting all alone on one wall and I think adding a leaning mirror and some rustic sconces will add some dimension to that side of the room. Plus it will add function to the room, by giving me and my husband a dressing area.

Okay, now that I have a plan, I need to get better, so I can start putting my ideas into action! Yes, of course, I will take you along through the process, so you too can be inspired to take your pictures off the computer and use them as art or inspiration for a room in your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment