Sunday, July 3, 2011

Hotel Chic!

Can't seem to find inspiration for your master bedroom, then look no further than your nearest hotel! They offer functionality and beauty all wrapped in one "suite" package.  After my week long stay at the Peabody, Orlando, I have come home ready to make my master bedroom a truly relaxing retreat! So what can we take from our hospitable friends and use in our own spaces? Well first it is a multi-functional space, it offers a place to sit and relax and a space for light working. Many of us now days do multiple things in our rooms, so why not use their cues and create those spaces in your room. I always have a chair in my bedroom with a small table for a place to sit and relax or read a book. If you have  the space, use a small, but functional desk for correspondence and a laptop, this piece can also double as a vanity table. Just don't make it your office, reserve your room for relaxing and retreating at the end of the day. Too much work clutter would ruin the mood!

Another way to look at hotel rooms, is how they create a calm environment. By using calming colors, like blues and greens, and anchor them with whites and neutral, you create a serene restful space.  And let's not forget the bed linens! Create luxury by using good quality linens. I love using whites and creams to give the bed that fresh crisp feeling. I noticed that most of the beds were mainly dressed in white and then they place a folded blanket at the end of the bed in a colorful pattern. Throw on some colorful accent pillows and you've got a "hotel chic" look!  Remember, don't over clutter your space with nick-knacks,  laundry, and, workout equipment! Do you know what a treadmill is good for? Hanging clothes on it! You know I'm right! So follow me as I guide you through the process of taking these elements and creating a beautiful room! Have a great stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment