Thursday, July 21, 2011

Three-way Thursday, Ottomans!

Use multiple ottomans for more versatility!
Maybe you are not aware, but there is a piece of furniture that I feel is a workhorse for the home. Creating family friendly environments is my goal for my clients and rarely do I not use an ottoman some where in the design. I counted and I have 7 ottomans in my home! So what makes this piece so multifunctional? Well, lets just see. First, do we not usually put our feet up on the coffee table? I can remember getting yelled at for doing it! Use an ottoman and you have built in comfort. If you think you need a hard surface, use a large tray for a place to put books and drinks or even a simple vase of fresh flowers.
Look at this comfortable and stylish family room!
Need another reason to choose an ottoman, over it's hard surfaced counterpart? If you entertain on a regular basis, then you know how important seating can be. So, in a pinch use your ottoman as extra seating! Just remove the tray and pull it to the outer side of the room and you have a conversation pit and room for two more guests! This family room is perfect for gathering and you can add a punch of personality to the room at the same time.

Another reason these work great in a family room is there are no hard surfaces for little heads to hit. I don't know about you ,but my kids can get a little rambunctious and as a Mom I know that they are safe! I do, however, recommend leather if you have small kids, it's much easier to clean!

They are great in bedrooms, too!
Finally, believe it or not, ottomans are not just for living rooms.You can use it in other rooms, too. I love using it in a bedroom as a bench at the end of the bed or on a wall next to the closet as a place to put on your shoes and socks in the morning.

I could go on and on at how functional and versatile this one piece of furniture is. So, if you are in the market for a coffee table, more seating, and a safe piece for the kids - think ottomans!

No comments:

Post a Comment