Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Design Trends for 2012!

West Elm - Spring 2012
It's a global affair! Looks like the design trend for 2012 is still mixing classic pieces with Turkish and global inspired textiles.  I think if you start with a classic lines and a neutral palette and pop in your global finds, you've got the perfect mix!

Let's talk color! Peacock Blues, Aquamarine and Teal/ Green are still HOT! 
West Elm


Now let's splash in Pantone's Color of the year - Tangerine Tango!
Nate the Great! Global touches and pops of blue and tangerine are the perfect mix!
I love the way 60% of the room is neutral and the other 30% is the tangerine. It makes it a more livable color combo. I use the old designer rule of 60-30-10. That's 10% of an unexpected color that compliments the other hues in the room!  Both of these rooms splashed in a little blue, which is oranges compliment.

Where do we go if we want this look on a budget? Well, HomeGoods, Pier 1, Marshalls, and Cost Plus World Market to name a few. Why not hit the flea and antique markets! Finding a great piece with good lines and painting it one of those fantastic colors. I am headed out on the search for some "Fab Finds" of my own. 

Hope I have inspired your own hunting and gathering! I will be sure to share my finds with you! Please be sure to share yours!


1 comment:

  1. Love the chevron print...and the tangerine touches...and HomeGoods!! Fun reading :)

    ReplyDelete